Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Oh So StRessful week

I need to vent!! This week has been hell!! Well more like this last 2 months. Our dog tito is a monster.. he chews and destroys anything that he can!! Just to name a few, he ruined my brand new snowman that i got for xmas last year, within oh an hour of having it out, ruined our x mas tree, bradon tried to fix it like 10 times, then finally he ruined it for good. made a HUGE hole in my wall. dug and dug at it. Then chewed on my wall, destroyed 3 of our rugs in our house, NUMEROUS shoes , ate our frontroom blindes, and now he has dug up our carpet.... WoW what an angel!! i don't know what to do!! it's so hard cause i WILL NOT lock them in a kennel!! i'd rather pay 100 a week and take them to doggy day care then do that. i think its cruel. i consider dogs like humans and i would never lock a human in a crate for 8 hours, so that's out of the question.. My dad made this HUGE wood gate thing to lock them out of the front room cause that's where he was destroying most of the stuff, but i thought i would be nice and let them go into the hall way still to have carpet to sleep on, well today tito got into our room and destroyed the carpet.. so now we are going to try to put the gate in the kitchen so they can only be in there. We have a doggy door in our back door so they can go in and out... I just don't know what to do. ive tried sooo much. we got spray that there suppose to hate the taste of and it doesn't faze tito whatsoever!! we have sooo many toys and bones for them and they still find things to be naughty with... I've worked so hard to have a nice house and everyday is a new disater..i just love my tito so much i don't know what to do to make us both happy!!! i hope the kitchen deal will work till he gets out of his puppy stage. we new labs were chewers, but i think tito is beyond a chewer

3 comments:

Crazy-Cranimals said...

Ruckus was a nightmare too...we tried pepper but he likes pepper...arghhh. What finally worked for us was vicks vapor rub, you'll begin to hate the smell of menthol but it works. I know your against the kennel thing, but if you can get him to understand that when he's bad he has to have alone time that helps to. So when he's bad make him go outside or something and give him no attention for an hour or so. At least thats what worked for us. Good luck sweetie!

Chris and Erika said...

O the joy of being parents to dogs! My sister's Lab Rosco was left alone as a puppy and he ate LAMP SHADES along with many other things! He is now the best dog ever! My nephew pulls his ears and tail and he just sits there! Labs are hard teenagers but once they grow up they are the BEST dogs ever! Hope he gets better fast he is so cute to be mad at!

The Adkinsons said...

Vanessa, I have been meaning to tell you how cute I think your dog is. I think he could be my dogs twin, they have the same exact face. I am so sorry he is destroying everything. If I hear anything that helps I will let you know. We have been so lucky with our lab she hasn't destroyed anything. So sorry:(